There is a number of ways to create a stretchy bind off. We discussed some of them in this tutorial, but every one of them has its own peculiarities.
This tutorial is about the easiest way to make a stretchy bind off, a way that does not require any unusual manipulations with yarn and needles, just basic knit stitches and yarn overs.
Here’s how it works:
You can also watch all the steps explained below in this quick video tutorial.
This bind off looks best on the right side of the work, so it’s better to bind off stitches after you finished a wrong side row.
Knit 1 stitch.
Make a yarn over and knit the next stitch.
Insert the tip of the left needle into the yarn over and the stitch that is at the right side of the yarn over.
Pass the yarn over and the right stitch over the left stitch and off the needle = 1 stitch left on the right needle.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you bind off all stitches.
That’s how easy it is! Just a few simple steps to make a nice-looking stretchy bind off.
If you like this tutorial, you will LOVE e-books and charts
in the Library of Free Knitting Resources
The library is free for everyone
who is subscribed to 10 rows a day newsletter.
If you are a subscriber, you’ll find the password at the bottom of each newsletter you receive from me on Fridays.
If you are not a subscriber, please type in your name and the best email to reach you in the form below, and I’ll send you the password to access the library.
Here are a few more things you might like:
- Learn Russian knitting style to knit faster and more efficient with minimal strain to your wrists.
- Make lots of colourful projects using patchwork knitting technique and 36 patterns for blankets and pillows.
- Knit simple socks and top-down hats in any size with any yarn.
- Download 23 tutorials published in 2017, 42 tutorials published in 2018 and 53 tutorials published in 2019.
- Join the All Tutorials Club 2020 and don’t miss a single tutorial published in 2020.
- Make a flattering Sideways Sweater or a super easy Facile Sweater.
- Or, knit a reversible beanie and cowl duo and comfortable Sneaker Socks for everyone in your family.
Happy knitting 🙂